Please choose your own favorite way to describe these gifs:
- The Tenth Doctor putting on the Fifth Doctor’s coat
- David Tennant putting on Peter Davison’s Doctor’s coat
- David Tennant putting on his father-in-law’s coat
- A Doctor Who fan putting on the coat belonging to one of his favorite Doctors
- Father of The Doctor’s Daughter putting on the coat belonging to the father of The Doctor’s Daughter
- Complete Doctor Who coat awesomeness
THREE NOs OF PERSONAL DATING ADS, kindly presented by Derek Hale:
1. personal finance discussions
2. talking in third-person
3. acid wash clothing
DRUNKTUESDAZE: #WHAT U ARE SAYING#IS THAT WE NEED A STORY #WHERE STILES IS A PROFESSIONAL DATING CONSULTANT #WHO TAKES ON DEREK HALE AS A CLIENT
I don’t normally care about the admin/writers behind a show but everytime I see Jeff Davis; I can’t help but think he just looks like a douche.
Now that we’re back from vacation, how about a giveaway?
PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE ENTERING
- One (1) Dremel 4000
- One (1) EVE hypo prop from Bioshock made by Queadlunn
- One (1) twenty-five (25) dollar gift card from ONE of the following locations (you choose): Lowe’s, Home Depot, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, Michaels, Epic Cosplay, OR Amazon
Rules and Information
- Method of Entry: One reblog and one like per person.
- This giveaway is for OUR FOLLOWERS, so please be following us to enter.
- This giveaway is sponsored by Cata and Queadlunn of OHI Cosplay and is not associated with Tumblr in any way.
- Winners will be chosen via random number generator
- You must be comfortable sending us your address to receive the prizes at the end of the giveaway
- Must be 18+ to win or have parental permission to receive winnings.
- This is for continental US only, sorry!
- The giveaway will end September 30th, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST
- At the end of the giveaway your ask box MUST be open so that we may contact you. If you do not respond within 48 hours of contact at the end of the giveaway, you forfeit your right to the prize and we will contact the runner up.
Thanks to Dancing Squirrel Photography; I wish I would have met you earlier in the day.
Thank you guys! Your BlackStar made our Tsubaki’s day!!! I’ll be sure to let everyone know where they can see more of the pictures.
What ever happened to cosplay as whatever the hell you want? I don’t care what race, gender, body type, age, etc you are. EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COSPLAY AS THE CHARACTERS THEY LOVE. Amethist is literally PURPLE, it is not like Thumbcramps is doing blackface. Garnet is also redder than canon black characters in Steven Universe. She literally used to be flat-out maroon in the pilot. Yes she has characteristics that lead her to seem black, but she is not even human.
I honestly really dislike how they handled the character designs when transitioning from the pilot to the actual show. I don’t mind the fact that they went with a simpler style. I dislike the fact that they took characters that were all very unique in representing a variety of traits in each character. Each gem was a collection of things that are perceived as being from different races. BECAUSE THEY ARE INHUMAN. I donno about everyone else, but I was under the impression that the gems are MAGICAL BEINGS THAT PROTECT THE UNIVERSE ALA SOME GREEN LANTERN LOGIC or some shit. Maybe its just me. But they are essentially ALIENS. Steven just so happens to be human. (or half human?) And maybe he will eventually turn full-on bright baby pink.
Back to the character designs. They took maroon, green, and purple characters and made two of them look more stereotypically black and white. (Garnet and Pearl if you couldn’t guess) I can see where they were maybe coming from by doing this. They wanted the representation to be obvious. And representation is fucking amazing. No goddamn question about it. But to me they ended up creating more of a stereotype. The original designs felt more open to interpretation. Garnet could be African, Indian, Pakistani, etc. She is representing so much more. But instead we are left with, oh hey, she is a black woman. And with a show that already has good race representation (comparatively) in the first place, it just doesn’t seem right to me.
The ability for a character to not become a stereotype and transcend they way we view the world and the people around us is an opportunity that should not be compromised.
A great example is Homestuck. I don’t care what you think of it, love it or hate it. But it is a great example of this. The characters represent whatever the reader interprets them to be. JUST LOOK AT ALL OF THE HEADCANONS THAT PEOPLE HAVE. Its possible for for people to have these vastly different ideas about what race or ethnicity the characters are because they are blank slates. Yes, you can say that “the kids all must be Caucasian because they are are literally white” but I don’t see it that way. When you think of a blank page, it is white. Not because of some white-supremacy shit. Because paper is usually white.
In conclusion: These are my opinions, they differ from other’s. I am one person and cannot possibly speak for people who come from different backgrounds. If you disagree with me I am very happy to hear from you, I could learn something and see things in a way I never even thought.
(btw, thumbcramps is an amazing cosplayer and makes a great Amethyst. She is also a great artist, check her out.)
artryx as Blair Witch
More CODENAME: KIDS NEXT DOOR!!!
CODENAME: KIDS NEXT DOOR!!!
We had so much fun with the cosplay… the running around the harbor and the CANDY STORE!! XD it was amazingly awesome and I’m glad we decided to do them again for daylight photos!!